Sunday, November 27, 2005

Tornado Warning

I heard the alarm, but even not taking it serious at the first thought. I made a call to Elaine who was still cooking, I called Mars who answered me "What should we do? what should we do?" and came to my apt with pajama. I asked her to go back changing the clothes and be ready to go to the shelter when needed. She did. I'm glad that she finally listened to me at least once. And she called me back to remind me of grabbing my memory stick with all my dissertation work in it. I'm glad that she did that. I started to think about what I should take with me at this emergency situation. I still stayed at the apt, but turned on the TV. The guy was broadcasting how seious the situation is every two minutes. Tornado, was never so close to me.

I shut down my computer, and put it in the case and hided in the closet. taking my memory stick with me, I even looked for my passport, my wallet. Outside was so dark, it must be going to rain...windy, wind blew away all the leaves...I looked out the window, seeing people came to the shelter which located just in the back of my apt. I should have plenty of time to run to there...

I called Mars again, saying "I'm going to the shelter, change your clothes, meet me there." I didn't know what I should grab with me, just stepped out of my apt.

The shelter was full of people now. To my surprised, it didn't look very safe at all, but that's our only choice. Mars started to call her Mom to let her know what she could get from her apt if something really happend to her; Elaine called King who was working in the most dangerous area at that moment; I had nobody to call...nobody...just standing there

But it's not a real tonador, it's just warning. I was kind of disappointed.

No comments: